REWIND x SUS YOYO MECHANICS - Viper Remix
A modern revival of the TPU off-string yo-yo, easy to use for home practice.
The Viper was a trailblazer model of the off string style of yo-yoing, and has now been revived in the modern age. This project is officially approved by Henrys, the original developer of the Viper.
The Viper, with its metal body (hub) and soft rubber wings, was originally used for string tricks, but its durability helped spread the off-string style around the world.
Later, as off string yo-yos became more advanced, their entire body changed to engineered plastics such as POM and polycarbonate. While the pure ease of handling for off string tricks has increased, the ease of scratching floors and walls when falling and the noise have also increased, and often been cited as problems. This was a trade-off for performance and one of the few disadvantages of the change from rubber to plastic.
The Viper Remix was developed as a yo-yo that meets the performance standards of modern off string yo-yos while offering the advantages of rubber yo-yos. Produced and designed by SUS YOYO MECHANICS, the rim is made of soft TPU material to reduce shock when dropped, and the balance of slip and return, as well as the ease of release, make this the perfect yo-yo for those who are just starting off with off string.
We recommend that even experienced players use the Viper Remix indoors and practice with the higher performance plastic model outdoors.
In addition, the wings have been blasted to prevent the yo-yo from bouncing sideways as it grips the ground when falling. While it may not have an unbothered bounce the same as modern plastics, it rarely bounces in unexpected directions, making it easy to retrieve.
From an environment where off string is not possible to one where it can safely can be enjoyed. We confidently recommend this yoyo to those who have never tried off string at all, and it will bring a new experience to you.
Please read carefully:
- TPU wings may have uneven coloring, bubbles, fine scratches, joint lines, oil stain-like marks, dents, etc., which are created during the molding process of the TPU material and are considered product specifications as far as they do not cause problems in use.
- If the wing is completely cracked and becomes unplayable within one year of purchase, we will replace it with a new wing. Please contact us through this site. (This does not apply if the problem is caused by dyeing, storage in a hot or freezing environment, or if it's been weakened by solvents.)
- It is a product specification that the wing slides and spins on the body when you grip the wing tightly and turn it.
- When disassembling, it is recommended to remove both bodies by pinching and turning them with the thumb and forefinger.
- Since the wings are made of TPU, they may deform if they are placed under a heavy object and subjected to continuous pressure or stored in a hot place for a long period of time. Also, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight may cause discoloration or deformation.
|Style||Off String (4A)|
|Trapeze Width (mm)||57|
|Body Material||Aluminum (A7003)|
|Bearing Type||Ball Bearing|
|Bearing Size||Size C (Large)|
|Response System||Slim (OD 19mm)|
|Axle||M4 x 15mm|
|Maintenance||Pad/Sticker/O-Ring Change Required|